Texas law requires all Notaries to purchase and maintain a $10,000 Notary surety bond for the duration of their 4-year commission. The Notary bond protects the Texas public against any financial loss due to improper conduct by an Texas Notary. The bond is NOT insurance protection for Texas Notaries but a protection for the consumer.
Why Do I need a Notary Bond
A Notary bond protects the public from financial harm in the event you, the Notary, make a mistake or omission, or perform a wrongful act in notarizing a document that causes any person financial harm. By issuing a bond, the surety company guarantees that you will perform your duties as a Notary Public in accordance with the law. If you do not, the company will pay the financially injured person any damages up to the amount of the bond. Bond limits are set by each state individually.
Express Online Application ( Same Day Service)
( Get your Notary Bond, Notary Stamp and the Notary State Application all together)
A notary public bond is a type of surety bond that notaries public need to purchase before they begin to notarize documents for the public. The total cost for Texas notary bond is $50 for a 4 year term and there is a $21 fee for the State of Texas Notary Application. New notaries and renewal notaries alike need to purchase a notary surety bond every 4 years.
Become or Renew your Texas Notary Commission in one simple app:
Complete the Application for Appointment as a Texas Notary Public Online Apply Now and you may purchase your notary stamp and error & omission Insurance ( in case you made a notarize a document by mistake) as well at the same time.
Cost to become a Notary Public Official:
Texas Notary Application ( $21 ) and Notary Bond ( $50 ) will all Cost $71.00 / 4 year. All you need to do is apply online and pay for your notary completed application. We’ll take care of the rest.
Notary Package with Supplies is $95 / 4 Years
• 4-year $10,000 bond for $50 and $21 Texas Application State Fees– ($71)
• Rectangular self-inking notary seal – ($16 Value)
• Texas notary public record book – ($8 Value)
Errors and Omissions Insurance ( Optional):
Your notary bond protects the public, NOT the notary. But Errors and Omissions insurance will protect you against costly lawsuits. Error & Omission Insurance is underwritten by CNA Surety. Call our Agents to Apply or Print Error & Omissions Insurance application sign and mail in with your check.
• You must be age 18 or older.
• You must be a legal resident of the State of Texas. (No certain length of time is required to establish residency.)
• You must disclose a finding of guilt for any crime (other than a class C misdemeanor) from any jurisdiction regardless whether the case has been appealed. (An applicant who is currently on probation, has charges pending or on appeal, or who has been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude will be automatically denied).