Three simple steps on how to obtain a bonded title without spending a lot of money.
1- First go to your nearest Motor Vehicle Department ( get nearest address http://www.txdmv.gov/wheretogo/regional_offices.htm) & complete the following forms:
2- Go or call a Surety Bonding Company to obtain a Title Bond ( www.allstatesuretybonds.com or call 800-374-9227, local 713-785-2138 ) most title bonds under $5000 rate will be from $79 to $100 flat.
3- Go to the County’s Clerks office close to you ( motor vehicle registration office ), Complete vehicle registration form Form 130-U. It is that easy and it will really leave more money in your pocket.
Please feel free to call our office at 800-374-9227 for any questions about a bonded title.
We do offer Services in obtaining a bonded title ( Starting fee $89.00 )
Detailed Steps on How to obtain a bonded title:
Step 1 : Determine your eligibility
- Have a vehicle that was titled in Texas.
- The Vehicle must be in your possession and cannot be abandoned, junked, stolen, or in any pending lawsuits.
If you meet the above eligibility requirements then take or mail the following documents to your Vehicle Titles and Registration (VTR) Division Regional Office:
- Request for Motor Vehicle Information (Form VTR-275)
- A Statement of Fact for Bonded Title (VTR-130-SOF), listed above, top right on our site
- A Statement of physical Inspection (VTR-270), Listed above on our site
- Any supporting evidence of ownership ( Bill of Sale, Invoice, Cancelled Check, etc. )
Step 2 : Take all above documents to the nearest TxDOT office
- The standard Presumptive Value (SPV) from website www.txdmv.gov as the primary source to determine the value of the vehicle
- If the value is not available either through SPV or NADA, a licensed motor vehicle dealer or insurance adjuster may appraise the vehicle on a form provided by VTR, listed above on our website.
- If your documents are approved, you will be issued a letter with the amount of the bond equal to 1 1/2 times the value of the vehicle.
Step 3 : Purchase Auto Title Surety Bond & Register Vehicle
- Take the letter and other documents given to you by TxDot, to a Surety Bond Agency to get a Title Bond.
- Apply for a bonded title, within 30 days from purchasing the Title Surety Bond. Take the original letter given to you by TxDot and Surety Title Bond to your county tax office to register the vehicle.
- Include a completed Form 130-U, Auto Registration Application
- Proof of insurance
We do offer Services in obtaining a bonded title for you ( doing all the paperwork process from A-Z, for a service fee of $89.00)
Call our Agents 800-374-9227 of Visit us www.allstatesuretybonds.com or www.abcbondingoftexas.com