Archives: April 2012

Auto Dealer Bond

Auto dealer bond also known as MVD bond, motor vehicle dealer bond,  used car dealer bond is required by the State to obtain a dealership license. Auto dealer bond does not protect the used car dealer from lawsuits, but it protects the consumer from fraud or misrepresentation by the car dealer.  Auto Dealer Bond guarantee compliance with state laws, each state sets its own bond amount and expiration date. Motor Vehicle Department charges a... Read Article

How to get a Auto Dealer License?

Auto Dealer License. Contact the Department of Transportation - Motor Vehicle Department ( MVD) or go to their Web site in your State. If you plan on doing any financing or arranging financing you also need a license from the Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner. For a retail used car dealer, you must pay a license fee for dealer license application plus a fee per metal dealer... Read Article